(From Bust Magazine's June/July issue)
1. Her full name is: Jamesetta Hawkins
2. Her mother, Dorothy, had her at age 14.
3. She never knew who her father was, but she suspected he was a famous pool hustler, named Rudolf "Minnesota Fats" Wanderone.
4. At 14, Etta formed a girl group called, "The Creolettes", which was discovered by talent scout, Johnny Otis and signed to Modern Records
5. Her nickname was "Miss Peaches", after Johnny Otis renamed her girl group to "The Peaches."
7. In 1978, she opened for The Rolling Stones, and afterwards fell into obscurity for the next decade due to drugs.
8. She was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in 1993 (there are only 11 other black female singers/groups in the Hall of Fame.
9. She died on January 20, 2012 from leukemia.
10. After Beyonce Knowles sang "At Last" for President Obama, Etta James said: "I can't stand Beyonce." Some argue she said this due to the onset of dementia, and others argue she said this because she felt left out and was upset that she wasn't asked to perform her own song for the President.